can be rare...
Find it Here.
Parkland Health & Hospital System Jobs
Nursing Support Jobs
United States Nursing Support Jobs
Mission & Vision
Licensed Vocational Nurse Jail Health Float Pool
Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned patients, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to ensure quality care.
Education and/or Licensure:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or have a valid Compact LVN License.
Non-Waived Point of Care Testing
- Individuals who perform non-waived POCT must have a high school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a college degree.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
- A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of hire or placement in job.
- Must have current LVN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing or, valid Compact LVN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card.
- May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification during initial orientation.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, patient, and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing skills.
Job ID: 133718
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up here for job alerts and Parkland communications.
Share This Job
Parkland’s inpatient and outpatient care providers continually strive to uphold our mission of patient-centered, patient-valued care. Successfully fulfilling this mission also requires supporting nurses throughout the system, in a variety of settings and capacities. With a job in Nursing Support with us, you’ll become an integral part of an organization providing premier healthcare to the residents of Dallas County. A career at Parkland gives you the opportunity to work at a top hospital devoted not only to our patients—but to your career and development. When you join the Parkland team, you’ll earn a competitive salary along with the perks and benefits you need to enhance your life at home and at work. Learn more about the many jobs in Nursing Support Parkland has available today.
Emergency Department Nurses
Collegiate Fellows Program
Texas Hospital Association
Equal Opportunity Employer
Password you entered is incorrect.
A new password has been sent to your email address.