can be rare...
Find it Here.
Parkland Health & Hospital System Jobs
Texas Support Jobs
Mission & Vision
Health Unit Coordinator Labor & Delivery Labor & Delivery
Coordinates unit activities and supports patient services by preparing and processing patient documents, providing supplies, status information and other communications for doctors, nurses, patients, and patient families to facilitate the effective operation of the unit.
- Must have one year of healthcare experience OR, must have one year of related clerical experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Prefer National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) certification.
- May be required to have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to successfully pass a Customer Service test, Spelling test, and Basic Computer Skills test with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must be able to type 20 words-per-minute with a maximum of three errors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
- Must be able to complete the Health Unit Coordinator checklist within three months of employment.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors.
Job ID: 134765
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up here for job alerts and Parkland communications.
Share This Job
Every patient, every family member, every health care professional makes us an institution of compassion. Every one of our employees is Parkland. And our Support professionals are no exception. With a job in Support with us, you’ll become an integral part of an organization providing premier healthcare to the residents of Dallas County. A career at Parkland gives you the opportunity to work at a top hospital devoted not only to our patients—but to your career and development. When you join the Parkland team, you’ll earn a competitive salary along with the perks and benefits you need to enhance your life at home and at work. Learn more about the many jobs in Support Parkland has available today.
Texas Hospital Association
Emergency Department Nurses
Unit Technician 5 E Neuro\Surg Spec - Dallas, TX
Unit Technician 4 West Oncology - Dallas, TX
Unit Technician Obstetrics 3 East Obstetrics - Dallas, TX
Patient Transporter Patient Transportation - Dallas, TX
Health Unit Coordinator 10 W Medicine - Dallas, TX
Unit Technician OB\GYN Intermediate Care (ICC) - Dallas, TX
Unit Technician ED Emergency Department - Dallas, TX
Unit Technician Emergency Department Emergency Department - Dallas, TX
Health Unit Coordinator 7N Hospitalist - Dallas, TX
Unit Technician Post Anesthesia Care Unit Post Anesthesia Care Unit - Dallas, TX
Equal Opportunity Employer
Password you entered is incorrect.
A new password has been sent to your email address.