can be rare...
Find it Here.
Parkland Health & Hospital System Jobs
Medical Records Jobs
Dallas Medical Records Jobs
Mission & Vision
Coder II Oupatient Coding
Assists Coder I employees, analyzes questionable documentation and resolves discrepancies in coder determinations and codes and enters accurate ICD and CPT codes onto patient records according to established guidelines.
- Must have successfully completed an approved coding program OR
- Must be a graduate of a Health Information Management program.
- Must have three years of coding experience in a hospital environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must be certified through the American Health Information Management Association as one of the following:
- Registered Health Information Management Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Management Administrator (RHIA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- Certified Coding Specialist Physician Based (CCS-P)
- Must be certified through the American Association of Procedural Coders one of the following:
- Certified Professional Coder-Hospital (CPC-H)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of coding skills.
- Must score a minimum of 75% on a pre-employment coding test. Contract coders with a proven coding accuracy rate of 95% at Parkland Health and Hospital System are exempt from this requirement.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology, the human disease process, anatomy and physiology.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in coding and encoder skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of computer software applications including MS Office.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
Job ID: 138305
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up here for job alerts and Parkland communications.
Share This Job
Every patient, every family member, every health care professional makes us an institution of compassion. Every one of our employees is Parkland. And our Medical Records professionals are no exception. With a job in Medical Records with us, you’ll become an integral part of an organization providing premier healthcare to the residents of Dallas County. A career at Parkland gives you the opportunity to work at a top hospital devoted not only to our patients—but to your career and development. When you join the Parkland team, you’ll earn a competitive salary along with the perks and benefits you need to enhance your life at home and at work. Learn more about the many jobs in Medical Records Parkland has available today.
Texas Hospital Association
Emergency Department Nurses
HIM Coding Document Educator Inpatient Coding - Dallas, TX
App Sys Analyst\Prog SR EPIC HIM experience needed IT Bus & Fin Systems - Dallas, TX
HIM Coding Compliance Auditor Pre Bill Review - Dallas, TX
Coder III Inpatient Coding - Dallas, TX
Dir Health Information Managem Coding Quality - Dallas, TX
Cancer Registrar II HIM Registry Services - Dallas, TX
AIDS Registrar I Ryan White Part A\B Ryan White Part A\B - Dallas, TX
HIM Quality Analyst Health Record Review - Dallas, TX
Coder I Oupatient Coding - Dallas, TX
Equal Opportunity Employer
Password you entered is incorrect.
A new password has been sent to your email address.